Thursday, January 14, 2010

Web Trick #1: Good First Impression Feel

How do we go about starting to develop a website?

For me, I started with a Photoshop stage. I used to draw it on a piece of paper. But I now go straight to Photoshop.

Before drawing on the photoshop, I will ask customers for references if he or she has any website that is worth referring to.

Now I will make a few Photoshop samples and see if I like it or not. I will spend time looking at other websites and then look at mine. I take first impression very seriously. I only give myself 2-5 seconds to like my own design.

Sometimes I will leave it overnight and look at it first thing in the morning. The first impression is very important. If 'lame' is the only impression you get, discard the design and start a brand new one.

The Photoshop phase is the most important step.

Why photoshop? It's because photoshop support "Layer" feature. I need this feature very much when converting the design to web format.


The catch: the more you are familiar with Photoshop, the more professional your web site will look. I think Photoshop version 7 or above is adequate for this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment